TRADING GREEN COFFEE
AND COCOA SINCE 1926
WE TRADE OVER 287 VARIETIES AND BLENDS OF GREEN COFFEE AND COCOA WORLDWIDE
- Efico values responsible business practices and adheres to the 10 UN Global Compact principles on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
- We are member of several initiatives supporting sustainable development including the Rainforest Alliance, UTZ and FLO Certification.
- Through the Efico Foundation, we can make a difference by supporting sustainable development projects in coffee and cocoa producing countries.
- Climate change is a concern. By monitoring CO2-emissions in the coffee supply chain we can define targets to reduce it and limit our impact on the environment.
- Efico carefully selects all those involved in the coffee supply chain, forging reliable, long-term partnerships.
- Constant communication on market activities, coffee quality and sustainability ensures transparency with all our partners.
- Efico invests in 'green logistics' through its solar-powered, sustainable distribution and storage center – Seabridge.
- Over the years we have built a solid network of reliable suppliers.
- Goods are shipped with the greatest care and are traceable at all times.
- Since 2003, the Quality Management System has been ISO 9 001 certified by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance.
- We follow Food Safety Management procedures according to ISO 22 000.
- A series of standards and rigorous tests are carried out on various samples to ensure quality and food safety at every stage in the process.
- At Seabridge, the storage area is temperature and humidity controlled, the air is filtered to remove bacteria, dust and off smells.
- We are equipped to clean, screen, blend, dry, color sort and pack green coffee in an efficient and food safe environment.
- We continue to do the utmost to meet and exceed our buyers’ demands and expectations.
- Through our tailor-made Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) all our goods are carefully tracked and traced from the coffee farm to delivery.
- Using the latest technology, every movement or status is registered be it on the coffee farm, on the ship, on the road, in the warehouse, in storage or distribution.
- All marks, be it on goods, containers or trucks, are registered and linked to a unique barcode providing the ID of the goods.
- Through this unique bar coding and scanning of goods, storage areas and portals, goods can be identified and located instantly.
- Shipping documents, test results and handling history are registered in the system and can be consulted on screen upon simple request.
- A recall or withdrawal can be organized immediately by the simple click of a button.
- Using a personal login, customers can consult the system and find the real-time status of their stock at all times.
- Our organization is audited on a regular basis, by several third parties to ensure that we meet the very highest standards.